Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Learning one bite at a time

Sometimes I wish Jesus didn't use parables to teach us, or that the Bible was a bit clearer about what doctrines and beliefs are essential.

But there is a beauty in parables, and the narrative style of scripture.

God speaks truth one bite at a time.

There are some things we learn once, and we are good for life. Consider when you learned to count to 10, or how to tie your shoes. It's done. I no longer have an interested in learning more about tying shoes or counting to ten. Since I've mastered the topics, my interest in them have gone.

But not so with the kingdom of God. I don't have it all figured out yet. There are things I just don't understand.

So I enjoy it when God teaches me something new. So I can be thankful it is just a little bit at a time. That will mean there is still lots more to learn for years to come... and even into eternity.

No comments: