Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Monday, September 6, 2010

What I believe 2010.9

Jesus Is Lord and Savior!

Or Jesus is King, Jesus is the Messiah, or Jesus Reigns... however you want to put it.

If you really believe this, you are my brothers and sisters..

God is love. He wants to be in a loving relationship with us. The challenge for each of us is to live it, allow Jesus to rule in our lives and save us from our selfish ways that lead to destruction.

I trust most Christ followers will agree with this basic belief.

Jesus frequently preached the good news of the kingdom of God. I believe his main point was that He was King, Messiah (Christ), Lord and Savior. Some simple keyword Bible searches will show that the acknowledgment that Jesus was Lord, Savior, and Christ was at the core of the beliefs of the early believers, and that Jesus loved to speak on the topic of His kingdom.

See Good News for more on this topic.

(This is my 3rd version of this... previous 2 versions are still available here and here.)

No comments: