Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Go into all the world

We live in a strange day and age.

I love to travel. I often wonder if I should quit my comfortable job, sell everything we have, and move to some remote place. But I'm not sure where, or what I would do there. And I'm not sure if it's God calling me, or just my mid-life crisis feelings of lack of purpose where I'm at.

It comes down to questioning if God wants to use me here, or if God wants to use me someplace else. If this ever became clear, I'd love to go. But until then I'll try to make responsible choices for my family.

Anyways, today I realized that in a way I am able to preach the good news to all the world through this blog. I thank God if he is able to use me in this way. I've never been much of a writer, or much of a communicator for that matter. But my blog stats counters shows that in a way I am able to share the good news with more of the world than I likely would by simply moving to some remote place.

Speaking in tongues - I know some people even use Google translate to translate my stuff into their language. :)

Unfortunately I don't get much feedback, so I don't really know how it is received. But I pray God can use it for his kingdom.

(Analytics visitors over past 12 months)

(statcounter.com recent visitors)

2 comments:

SagebrushFarm said...

Oh Jon,
I DO believe you're doing exactly what God wants you to do through your blog.
You probably won't know of it's impact until you're face-to-face with Jesus (in Glory), but it doesn't really matter. What DOES matter is your obedience.
I enjoy your blog tremendously and as you can see, you are, indeed, reaching "into" all the world...Keep it up! It IS a good thing!

Jonathan said...

Thanks Lysa for the encouragement! :)