Consider the following:
- Suppose there were eyewitnesses to the life, teachings, and death of Jesus.
- Suppose they decided to write a books to share with others.
- They would not assume their audience had access to other books about Jesus, so they would try to include all the important details.
- They would hope that those who read their books would gain enough details to believe, trust, and follow Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Suppose they used the term gospel throughout their books.
- Suppose they described Jesus and His disciples preaching the gospel.
- Suppose they ended some of the books with a call encouraging others to share the gospel with the whole world.
I believe we have a few books of this nature.
Here are links to six posts I put together as I went through these 4 books that frequently refer to the gospel. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
- Gospel in the Gospels - introduction and some thoughts to consider
- Gospel in Matthew - verses related to the term gospel in Matthew
- Gospel in Mark - verses related to the term gospel in Mark
- Gospel in Luke - verses related to the term gospel in Luke
- Gospel in John - verses in John that that make similar points
- Gospel in the Gospels - Summary