Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hopeful Skeptic



"We need to acknowledge, even embrace, both the doubts and the hope of our faith, says Nick Fiedler, author of The Hopeful Skeptic. Thinkfwd host, Spencer Burke, and Nick talk together about some of the topics that Nick wrestles with in his life and book—like scripture, church structure, and prayer." - TheOoze.tv

I feel this video lines up with the journey I'm on.

I think a healthy dose of skepticism can be a good thing. Think about any influential leader of the past... Christian or otherwise... or even Jesus himself... and you will find a degree of skepticism... questioning and challenging the current state of affairs.

Yet spending too much time in a state of skepticism becomes unhealthy and unproductive. We need to recognize the good that God is also doing in His Church, re-focus, and follow.

No comments: