Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My 95 Thesis - Point 3 - God is Love

Here's my 3rd Point in My 95 Theses.

I fear many get confused about God's love.

"He loves me... He loves me not...", we go back and forth.

There is the idea out there that God wants to zap us, but Jesus steps in the way and says: "No, God, you can't touch that one, I've got him covered".

I don't think so anymore. Other religions can have the angry God that needs to be appeased.

God is love.

Related topics:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God is love. No other love is as complete as his. However, he is also just.

Just as a loving father who is a police officer still enforces what is right by stopping his child that he catches driving recklessly, God will put an end to those who live reckless, ungodly lives.

It's not that his love has limits. It's that his love wants what's best in every way, even when that way is in direct opposition to people and their lives.