Here's my 1st Point in My 95 Theses.
These questions sum up my concern:
- How is Christianity doing concerning Christ's prayer for our unity?
- What role has 'Evangelical Protestants' played in this?
- What is our track record on unity since the 1500's? Have we stayed united within protestantism or have we divided further over and over again?
- Are we reaching out to build bridges, or are we drawing battle lines and digging trenches?
- Who's church? Our church or Christ's church?
- Who decides who is in and who is out? Our protestant evangelical doctrines and denominations or Christ?
Nuff said. (I'd better go check what plank is in my eye now.)
Please join Christ in his prayer for unity between all those who follow him. When we recognize that others are loving and following the same Jesus that we do, it doesn't take much to recognize unity.