Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Is Jesus Going to Hell?

Here's a silly logic scenario:
  • If the penalty for sin is death
  • And by death we mean eternal punishment in hell
  • Jesus took our sins to the cross
  • If Jesus took the penalty of sin for us
  • Is Jesus spending eternity being punished in hell for us?
Or is the penalty for sin death? And death means death.

No comments: