Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Don't Mind If You Think I'm Nuts

Just for the record... I'm OK if you think I'm nuts. If you don't agree with what I blog about, that's OK with me. A year ago I would have disagreed with half of my blog. Five years ago I would have disagreed with all of it.

But I don't judge the Jon of 5 years ago. He was basically the same person that I am today. I know I was seeking to love and follow Jesus. He was just at a different point on the journey.

So I don't judge you when your interpretations of Scripture are different than how I'm reading things these days. I may blog about those issues, to sort it out in my mind, and highlight beliefs that seem to be off track. But I'm not judging the matters of the heart - that task is God's. I may be recording my observations, but I'm not writing any final evaluation.

If I'm purposefully ignoring things clear in Scripture, please gently enlighten me with Scripture that I've misread or overlooked.

I'll try to extend the same grace to those who hold to beliefs I don't see in Scripture.

But yeah, go a head and think I'm nuts... I totally understand. The Jon of 5 years ago would be right there with you.

No comments: