Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gospel in the Gospels

For those of you who have worked out a definition of the gospel...

(Or if you are a Christ follower who doesn't know what the gospel is... I'd suggest it's a worth-well topic to study.)

Can you find references to 'the gospel' in the 'gospels'?

These early writers would not have assumed their readers would have access to all the books in our New Testament. They were not thinking, "we will record the historical facts of Jesus life and death, and we will let Paul record the Christian belief system". I would think each of the gospel writers would have highlighted any essential good news message that was at the core of this new movement.

Why shouldn't we expect to see the gospel message clearly written in each of the gospels?

Do you see 'the gospel' in each of the gospels? I'd love to hear your input.

Six posts in this series here:
  1. Gospel in the Gospels - introduction and some thoughts to consider
  2. Gospel in Matthew - verses related to the term gospel in Matthew
  3. Gospel in Mark - verses related to the term gospel in Mark
  4. Gospel in Luke - verses related to the term gospel in Luke
  5. Gospel in John - verses in John that that make similar points
  6. Gospel in the Gospels - Summary

1 comment:

Like a Mustard Seed said...

I hear the gospel in every word that Jesus speaks...