Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kingdom Secrets

I've started a bit of a series on the secrets of the kingdom. .)

By no means am I the expert. I welcome any feedback and discussion. The topic of the kingdom of God is a topic I am growing to love. It was a central topic to Jesus, so I suspect it is worth exploring.

Matthew 13:11 (NIV)
He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them."
Mark 4:11 (NIV)
He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables"
Luke 8:10 (NIV)
He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, “‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’"

Doesn't this just make you want to know what these secrets are? When we know someone has been telling a secret to others, we naturally want in on it.

I pray for wisdom. I suspect if we seek God for clarity He will give us enough answers as needed.

4 comments:

Bill Bremer said...

Promote your blog on mine

1. What is the name of your blog? House Church Connections in the Kingdom of God
2. What is the url? http://www.housechurchconnections.com
3. How long have you been blogging? About 2 years
4. What is your blog about? I write about house church from the kingdom perspective. When we meet under a tree in the forest here in Colorado Springs, we call it Organic Church
5. Tell us one thing about your blogging experience that we might find of interest:
About 300 to 500 people visit per day. About 1/5 are from Europe and 1/7 other countries.

Erick Reinstedt said...

Hi Jon. Again, thanks for sharing on the Kingdom of Heaven/God. Tomorrow morning I will be doing my sixth teaching on it in a series I am doing at the church I pastor, and I suspect it is going to go on for a lot more Sundays! In fact, I am more and more realizing that the Kingdom lens is the best way to view and read the Bible, especially the New Testament. The more I understand it, the more parables and things that never made sense to me are starting to. I thank you for your blog, it is a blessing.

Erick Reinstedt said...

Hi. Forgot to hit "email follow up comments" so I am doing it now. God bless you.

Jonathan said...

Thanks Erick for the encouraging comments.