Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Uh Oh I'm guilty of proof-texting

OK, so I need to point a few fingers back my way. I suspected I was guilty of this, but yeah... I was hoping it wouldn't be this easy to find.

I asked in my last post on proof-texting: "Does your gospel require proof-texting? Or is is plainly written somewhere in one place?"

Well my what I believe page requires proof-texting. It is alot shorter than my first version... but I think I may need to rework this one as well. Each point is based on a verse or passage... but yeah, I guess that's the beauty of proof-texting.

If I were to summarize the most important aspect of the faith, why can't I find one passage in Scripture that summarizes it satisfactorily?

No comments: