Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Church Metrics



Some good thoughts from Micheal Frost.

How do we measure success in kingdom work? Is it how many baptisms, how many attend church services, how much money is being given?

Were these the measuring sticks to kingdom work in Jesus day?

Growth of a mustard seed may be harder to measure than growth of other trees. It's growth is more random, messy, and out of control.

3 comments:

Al said...

Excellent thoughts.
I agree, it all depends on what we understand the kingdom to be. If all we want is numbers, there are many places that can show successful numbers. But if we want to see the mustard seed permeating, then the numbers don't necessarily tell us anything. What truly demonstrates the kingdom is relationships with people.

A. Amos Love said...

Al

"What truly demonstrates the kingdom is relationships with people."

And Jesus... ;-)

Jesus loves me this I know...

Jonathan said...

Thanks guys for your comments. May God continue to work in and through each of us.