Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Questioning Church

Two thought provoking posts by guymuse.

http://guymuse.blogspot.com/2009/06/did-jesus-actually-say-do-these-things.html


There's a lot of people questioning stuff... for some, like myself right now it's all just theoretical questions...

But this guymuse guy is someone who is actually 'doing it'. He's involved with a network of over a 100 churches in Ecuador. From what I can tell he's asking a lot of serious questions about how we do church... and is active in doing church in different ways in his world.

I think this sums up the difference:
In most of the churches we relate to we don't refer to leadership (whether men or women) as pastors. We don't use titles. All of us are hermanos(as) brothers/sisters. We teach that ALL believers are servants and ministers of the Gospel. Both men and women alike are charged with fulfilling the Great Commission. That package includes: going, making disciples, baptizing, and teaching.
http://guymuse.blogspot.com/2009/06/is-shepherding-spiritual-gift-or-church.html
I'm torn because I sense some truth in the questions linked above. However asking these questions likely would cause some friction, and hurt. I pray for wisdom and discernment, as I desire to maintain unity and love with my brothers and sisters. And above all I pray that God's will be done in my life, and in His church.

And maybe I'm not the right person to ask such questions... but I'm interested in following the stories of people like guymuse who are.

No comments: