Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Disclaimer

I thought I should put some sort of disclaimer together for this blog.

Please read at your own risk!
  • Some of the content on this blog is potentially dangerous.
  • I make no claims to having everything figured out. However I do have a tendency to get stubborn about stuff - then years later realize I was wrong.
  • Some parts may seem like foolish and stupid arguments that may produce quarrels. Feel free to leave me a comment telling me so, and I may even try to re-word or clarify my thoughts - I don't really want to quarrel about this stuff.

2 Tim 2:22-26 (NIV)
"Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will."
So why am I still blogging despite warnings like this?

I'm not convinced this verse only applies to me - it may also apply to all those Protestants who are still protesting with their own arguments (or every other denomination that is out there.) And maybe I can say something that will help someone else see the plank in their eye. I don't know.

I also stubbornly believe that unity of Christ's body is Essential, and I don't see most Christians making this a focal point of the faith. There are many issues that are causing divisions in Christ's Church. We must recognize that Unity of Christ's Church is an essential part of our faith. We must look at the large scriptural support of unity and compare that to the amount of scriptural support of an issue that is causing a division.

But yes, I do also get side-tracked on other issues. I've been trying to understand the different traditions and viewpoints on all sorts of issues to figure out how we got to where we are, and what the original good news message was all about. I'm not certain where I'm going with all these side issues. So please don't assume I am the authority on any of it.

Please seek the Holy Spirit and our Scriptures yourself!

God Bless, and read at your own risk!

No comments: