Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Some Favourite Bible Verses

Here are some of my favourite Bible verses.  


 "Love one another" John 15:17

"Love one another" Rom 12:10

"Love one another" Rom 13:8

"Love one another" 1 Thess 3:12

"Love one another" 1 Thess 4:9

"Love one another" 1 Peter 1:22

"Love one another" 1 John 3:11

"Love one another" 1 John 3:23

"Love one another" 1 John 4:7

"Love one another" 1 John 4:11

"Love one another" 1 John 4:22

"Love one another" 2 John 1:5

"Love your enemies" Matt 5:44

"Love your enemies" Luke 6:27

"Love your enemies" Luke 6:35


And Matthew 12:30-31

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

I believe the world would be a better place if more of us figured out how to live this way.  It is not always as easy as it may sound. It is easier to love people that are similar to us and who are kind to us.  Those who give us the least friction.

I recognize this emphasis the Bible has on loving others, so I tend to use this lens or filter as I read the rest of the Bible.  I recognize people have used the Bible to suport all sorts of ideas and actions. Moving forward I want to read the Bible in a way that helps me grow in my love towards God and all of His creation.

It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But I am working on trying to see the others the way God may see them. Praying for them. Caring for them and about them. Valuing the people over the issues.

2 comments:

Brian said...

So glad you are back. One of the things you wrote about that really stuck out was the Unity above all. Imagine what we could accomplish in this world with the spirit of unity

Jonathan said...

Thanks Brian for leaving a comment, yes this world could use more of a spriti of unity.