Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Two Top Posts

When I look at my blogger stats, there are two pages that consistently get the most page views. Both posts were written in 2009, but they still get more views each month than most of my current posts.

My top post of all time is really not my work at all. How's that to keep me humble. :) I simply shared a video by Graham Cooke - Inheritance and typed up the words to read along with the video. I found what Graham Cooke says in this video refreshing and encouraging, and I'm thankful I've been able to share this message with others. God really does love you.

The other top post is a hot topic. I put a fair bit of work into it, and it is by far my longest post ever. In hindsight I should have broken it into a series of posts. Does Scripture say Hell is Eternal Punishment? Yes there are some verses that are used to support this position. But there are also many more verses that say the wages of sin is death, perishing, being destroyed, a second death, or not getting to live for eternity. There are many verses that don't sound like everyone receives eternal life - that not everyone will live forever. I tried to look at most of the related passages on this topic. I'd encourage you to study this topic for yourself.

So those are my two most visited blog posts. However, if someone wanted to know what my blog is about I'd direct them first to posts like My 95 Thesis or my Secrets of the Kingdom Summary. But it seems these visitors are not asking. :)

No comments: