Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Samaritan Woman at Today's Well




What would Jesus do today?

Read John 4:7-23 for the original story.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I've gotten feedback from a couple of sources that the coffee analogy missess the point of the original water analogy. Water is essential to life, and so is Jesus. Fair feedback, I agree.

I was going for a modern day equivalent, and since we don't have to walk miles to get water at a watering hole, I went with the coffee option. I still wouldn't be surprised if Jesus said this. Just like the water analogy had a double meaning, the unlimited refills could have a second spiritual meaning too.