Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Faith Like a Child


Mama Luka Comes Home from CTA on Vimeo.

The story in this video is an example child-like faith surpassing that of a wiser adult.
"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children".(Matt 11:25 NIV)

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (Luke 18:16-17 NIV)
(Similar in Matt 19:14, and Mark 10:14-15)
I believe all Christ followers teach their children simple truths about how Jesus wants them to live, and how they can be followers of Christ... and our children understand it, and place their trust in Christ, and learn to obey Him. We have two young children, and it is awesome to watch them sing songs of Love to Jesus, speak openly about their faith, pray and trust Jesus with their problems.

I'm afraid that the older and wiser we get it becomes harder to have the faith of a child.

I thank God that the Kingdom of Heaven is simple enough to grasp for a child, and even myself.

I pray my faith always remain as simple as that as a child.

No comments: